Sunday 11 April 2010

Looking towards the next race in China

Justin: Better late than never I guess. My Co-blogger left it to me to talk about Alonso's engine blowing at the end of the race in Sepang. What can I say? I was so traumatised I just could not face blogging about it. Talk about some fun racing though! Twice he overtook only for Button to re-pass him straight away. Nail biting stuff there!

It's too late in the day for me to go over what happened in Malaysia, particularly as my co-blogger did such a splendid job.

Looking towards China, forget the title race for a moment. I'd say the person with perhaps the most riding on this one is none other than Shumi himself.

Interestingly he came on record recently saying he was happy with his comeback thus far.

This article from The Observer comments about his comeback thus far - http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/apr/11/michael-schumacher-mercedes-formula-one

Personally, I don't think the Mercedes is a winning car so he won't win races just yet. But surely the arguement that it isn't a winning car doesnt mean Michael should be coming in lower than 6th in each race, usually miles behind his team mate.

I'm sure Shumi will be stung by being pigeon holed with Petrov as being the only two people on the grid to be out qualified at every race thus far by their respective team mates!

Ok, its only one more race, the 4th on his comeback trail, but I'd have thought he'd like to start going forwards as opposed to backwards sooner rather than later.

Race starts at 8am on the 18th, so coverage starts at 7am I think. Quali is on an hour or so earlier on the Saturday so it's two early ones. Bah! The things we do for F1 eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment