Friday 10 June 2011

Villeneuve

Phil: Gilles, of course.

I devoured my co-blogger's analysis of Senna, which I personally can't wait to see. I must have watched the trailer online half a dozen times now - is Barrichello's crash the one that's in the trailer, dubbed with Senna saying something like, 'if you're not prepared to take risks, then you're not a racing driver'?

We seem to be delving deeper and deeper into the history of the sport, and this week, a mere quarter of a century after my co-blogger, I got round to watching the 1985 European Grand Prix. It's on BBC F1's excellent classic F1 feature - keep your eyes open for Nigel Mansell's dad...

This week's classic F1 features Paul di Resta's top 5 favourite races, and as he's barely driven 5 grands prix in his career he's naturally picked some old stuff. The one they've gone with, as we are going to the circuit that bears his name, is one of Gilles Villeneuve's classic drives, the 1979 French Grand Prix.

And it's raining in Montreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment