Saturday 16 April 2011

Vettel Dominates

Justin: Believe me, I don't like naming this latest blog as I have done, but I can think of nothing else to write!

My co-blogger and I had a fun "I Was Having A Blog" live phone chat last night. We spoke of many things and both ultimately agreed that Red Bull as a team seemed far less behind Webber this year. Last year they were keen to spell out at every race the drivers were equal.

It doesnt need spelling out much anymore. Vettel has a hassle free time where as Webber's car had electric problems and broke down in final practice. It was quite ominous as Jake and DC paraded around the pitlane before Qualifying to find Red Bull frantically putting Mark's car back together just about in time for Quali. Horner went on record as saying Vettel had Kers with no problems but they probably wouldn't risk running it with Mark, for quali at least.

Red Bull seem....entirely less bothered with Mark having problem after problem than they would be if it was Seb, of that I am certain. The Number 2 has to look out for number 1, now more than ever.

I imagine it must be damaging to know you won't have KERS power during quali and that you probably cannot rely on it during the race either.

Mark starts a rather bad 18th on the grid after Red Bull sent him out for a final run in q1 on hard tyres. They said the time was there, but they just couldnt get temperature in the tyres. Horner was asked whose decision it was, a team decision we were told. They really should have sent him out on softs to guarantee a good time, as those tyres are over a second quicker than the hard compound.

I am rather worried for Mark's status at Red Bull.

Moving on....Vettel was 0.7 of a second ahead of second placed Button. Hamilton and Rosberg followed closely, with Alonso a staggering 1.4 seconds off pole in 5th.

If you are Alonso and Ferrari, 1.4 seconds is an absolutely disgusting amount of time.

Apparently the Mclaren team want to look more like Ferrari for some reason....just what is it with the red santandar overalls guys??!!!

I predict a relatively comfortable Vettel win tomorrow....even though the quali gap is quite galling, the chasing pack have been closer during the races, well in Malaysia they were anyway. Button will be Vettel's closest challenger as Lewis kills his tyres all the time.

Vettel to win, the rest squabbling over the best of the rest.

Me? I may predict the above, but what I would like to see happen is Webber storm through for a podium.

No comments:

Post a Comment