Monday 28 February 2011

Staggered

Phil: Well, my co-blogger has said it all, and a bit more besides. I'm sure his second place trophy will have pride of place in his trophy cabinet. I wonder if, had he been for a Kimi beforehand, the weight advantage might have gained him an extra tenth?

In truth however, I must admit I was actually only seventh, not fifth, my main achievement of the afternoon being not breaking anyone's ribs.

Once again, not a great deal of news from the world of 'real' motor racing, except to note that the officially postponed Bahrain grand prix is unlikely to be run this year (leaving Melbourne as the season opener), Heidfeld has been confirmed to replace Kubica at Renault, and Liuzzi has been linked to the last remaining seat, at Hispania.

On a final note, today I was given a belated Christmas present from my aunt and uncle. It's a DVD of the 'top ten' F1 drivers of all time (for the record, Ascari, Fangio, Moss, Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost, Senna, Mansell and Schumacher). Rachel took one look at it and said, 'I'm not sure Mansell would be in my top ten'.

That's why I'm marrying her.

No comments:

Post a Comment