Wednesday 20 October 2010

Dog food

Phil: Only four days until the lights go out for the inaugural Korean Grand Prix, with Charlie Whiting having visited the track immediately after Suzuka and given it the green light for this weekend's race. Sebastian Buemi hasn't been there, but he says it's another 'typical' Hermann Tilke design (overtaking strictly prohibited, then). In case you were wondering, I thought I'd get the obvious joke in early. Formula 1 is becoming an ever more global sport, with a race in India for the first time next year, and, it was announced recently, one in Russia in 2014.

The BBC's offering of classic F1 grows apace, and this week my co-blogger will be thrilled I'm sure to hear there's a double header from Villeneuve pere et fils: Gilles' maiden victory (I think) at Kyalami in 1979, and Jacques taking on Schumi and Damon Hill at Estoril in 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment