Saturday 11 September 2010

I was having a Wii...

Phil: Well, our follower(s) will undoubtedly be kicking themselves to know they've missed another I Was Having a Blog....Live! event, even if it was only a semi-official one. As usual, I doff my cap to my co-blogger for his insightful conversation and his Lewis Hamilton sandwiches.

The occasion, naturally, was quali was tomorrow's Italian grand prix. Alonso took a confident pole, with Button alongside him on the front row, running an unusual but obviously very effective high downforce setup (logic would say that as downforce means drag at high speeds, and as you spend 70% of the lap at Monza at full throttle, you want as little of it as you can get away with, but Button clearly has an insight which we don't and qualified half a second faster than his teammate). The championship leaders Webber and Hamilton start fourth and fifth tomorrow, which may allow Alonso and Button to close the gap by the end of tomorrow's race.

Afterwards, I proved you can't take Eau Rouge flat in the wet. At least on a Wii you can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment