Thursday 10 October 2013

Seven agree/ disagree replies..

Justin:

What have you been doing?

1. Steady on. Don't go making broad, sweeping remarks. Did you see the race in Singapore? And a few before that one?! Yes, we had excitement with the battle for 4th down and plenty of shenanigans through the field, but the race winner was never in doubt.

I'm struggling more and more to get excited about races where we all know who the winner will be before the start. I switched off for a few races in the Schumi years, where he dominated and pissed all over the rules (Vettel has really earned my utter hatred this year - Mr bigger than the team twat), engineering results of races on the finish line etc etc, parking so competitors could not complete pole laps etc etc. For me, I'd much rather see 5/6 guys fighting over first, all in the title race. I actually agree with Lewis for once. He and Fernando are much better than being relegated to fighting for 5th.

Dogfight. World Champions. At the front. All of them. Go. Next year.

Rule changes cannot come soon enough for me.

I'm almost at the stage where I won't do my yearly ritual of rising early for Japan. Whats the point?

This decade...the even years provide us with vintage years...perhaps the best ever in F1. 2010 and 2012 were awesome. I'd even say 2011 was better than this year. At least 2011 gave us the most epic race ever. Canada...slightly damp.

So, my only hope is that 2014 follows 10 and 12.

2. I concur. The Hulk is bloody awesome.

3. I concur. Though, if I was the Lotus boss, I wouldnt say "hold station and bring the points home". Lotus have let it be know they are hurt by Kimi leaving, so fuck him I say. As DC said, Kimi is leaving, this is them giving Romain the confidence to be team leader. Besides which, over the second half of the season the Frenchman has been utterly superior to Kimi.

4. Alonso has stated he'd love to see Mark go out with a win before the end of the year. He said Mark announces his retirement then has all this bad luck. Hows this? Webber wins in Brazil with Alonso joining him on the podium? That would be beautiful.

5. They'd need the bleep sound a lot more if I was commentating.

6. Indeed.

7. Bet he plays with it in private too. Nudge nudge wink wink.

PS....

8. Neither of us has done an official review of Rush yet. I will do this over the weekend.

9. Fact. Niki Lauda is without doubt the most double hard, courageous man with balls the size of melons ever to race in F1. Fact.

a) Because he came back after his near-death crash 6 weeks later and finished 4th.
b) Even more so because he pitted after a lap in Japan 76.

No comments:

Post a Comment