Monday 14 May 2012

This is going to be beautiful

Justin:
I haven't been this excited since...well, the start of the Spanish GP yesterday! What a season this is, what a season it will be.....5 different drivers winning for 5 different constructors over the first 5 races. Amazing.

And, as mentioned by my co-blogger and the BBC chaps, you wouldn't bet against Kimi being the 6th to that list in Monaco.

I Was Having A Blog....Live...had yet another, erm, live event, with a special guest commentator in the form of Mrs Smith. She did well, supplying valuable insights until she left halfway through to go shopping. Did we interview her for the role?

Anyway.......what a race.....My co-blogger can surely testify that I got just a smidgen excited when Fernando powered past Maldonado at the start. I was crouched in the middle of the floor, screaming with anticipation and sheer, utter delight..."Go on Fernando....YEEEESSSSSSSSSS". Fernando is the king of starts.

You could hear the Spanish crowd roar over the engines when Alonso came around at the end of the first lap in the lead.

Alonso led the first stint over Maldonado but didn't pull out much of a margin, whilst the Lotus boys lurked behind. Maldonado then undercut Fernando after the second (was it second...think it was) stops and didn't look back at all really.

The last person you ever want in your mirrors is Alonso with the scent of a win in his nostrils, but Maldonado did not put a foot wrong all day frankly.

You know, I am sure that just because I support Alonso that my co-blogger probably less appreciates just how good Alonso really is. We both agreed on Sunday that on out and out pace at the moment, the Ferrari is the 5th best, possibly 6th best car out there.

So....how the hell is Alonso leading the title race? He is that...damn...good. That's how.

He is consistently the best driver in the world.

Pace wise, the Lotus and Mclaren are out front, followed by Red Bull and Mercedes....Sauber....Ferrari and the rest. Now we have Williams too!

Anyway...I get emotional when it's Alonso's home GP.

Hamilton did well, it has to be said. Back of the grid to 8th means good points for him in a season where I think a guy that wins just 3 or 4 races, along with good points positions, will win the title. His pole lap was outstanding, but whilst I think the punishment was harsh, rules are rules and they did short fuel the car.

Button, Webber and Vettel had rubbish to fairly average days at the office. They all struggled for ultimate pace.

Schumi blatantly rammed poor Bruno off the track. If I were Bruno I'd be quite gutted knowing I have a race winning car and that before Spain I had outscored my team-mate!

And to Maldonado. Pay driver or not..whatever. He has proved himself to be a driver of the highest order. Given a race winning car....he can drive to victory.

He is now saying he should aim for more points, wins and why not challenge for the title. Erm, I think Pastor needs to calm down a bit...but then again, I think this year is proving more than any other year that F1 is IF spelt backwards.

Pick a championship winner........I cannot at the moment....

Alonso hasnt done a bad job of getting the maxiumum out of a shite car though.

The upgrades seem to have worked a bit, so onto Monaco we go.

Williams celebrated with a pit bonfire. Bit excessive and might be frowned upon.






No comments:

Post a Comment