Saturday 13 August 2011

No F1?!

Justin: A sterling job by my co-blogger on the Hungarian GP. I didn't watch it surrounded by Fernando fans in a Spanish bar as planned, but caught up with it on the BBC Iplayer when I returned from my holiday. What a race, Mclaren boys banging wheels and all!

There isnt much news to roundup really. I'm surprised my co-blogger didn't touch upon the BBC/Sky bastard hybrid deal from hell that will be here next season. Apparently Bernie was keen to keep the sport free to air, as were all the teams...though he happily didn't bother talking for long to ITV and C4 who were both interested in it. Not sure how I really feel about having ten races live on BBC and ten live on sky...I doubt I'll be able to afford sky so will have to settle for cobbled together highlights from the beeb....surely this is a step back to the 80's before coverage became huge?!

Anyway....no F1 for a while now.....bank holiday weekend is when it all kicks off once again at the magical Spa track in Belgium. I saw a rumour that even the owners of Spa were looking at running it once every 2 years in a share agreement with another track as the calendar becomes rather crowded. What a shame if this happens as Spa always conjures up a magical race.

I need a good F1 book to see me through this enforced F1-less period!

No comments:

Post a Comment