Wednesday 27 July 2011

German GP review

Justin: It was another one of those races. One which whatever I write here cannot put into words just how damn exciting the race was frankly. Ask my friend Ian, who was watching it with me...I jumped up and down getting very excited a fair few times.

Hamilton, Alonso and Webber were a class apart throughout the race, exchanging the lead and running order throughout. Everyone seems to be congratulating Lewis for his overtake around the outside of Alonso, but let us remember he was on warm tyres whereas Alonso had just exited the pits. That aside, the front 3 were all rather glowing about each other afterwards, as lets be honest, barely a second covered all 3 of them for a period early on in the race.

It was amazing to watch these 3 go at it hammer and tongs, tooth and nail...any more of those sayings??? I hope everyone sat back and enjoyed it!

Vettel, as I commented on in my quali review, hadn't looked happy all weekend and 4th place won't have done much to put a smile on that boyish face of his.

This does add considerable fuel to the fire that Vettel doesnt have the class of others when pushing his way through a field...witness his total inability to drive past Massa for the majority of the race, and he ended up having to pass him in the pits.

Onto Hungary we go....I intend to be in a Spanish bar surrounded by Fernando fans watching this one! Co-blogger, I shall leave the Hungarian GP in your capable blogging hands.

Oh yes, and let us not forget Webber giving Alonso a lift back to the pits...utterly classic moment there and reminded everyone of Mansell and Senna all those years ago....oddly enough its a picture I used recently on this very blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment