Tuesday 28 December 2010

Reading for the break

Justin: Seasons greetings one and all. Not much news to roundup really, so I thought I'd say a well done to my co-blogger for announcing his wedding day which happily falls on a non-f1 weekend. No clashes with quali or races then! I doubt much thought was given to F1 when planning his nuptials, but still, it's pretty good going to sandwich it in on the weekend between the season opener in Bahrain and the next race in Melbourne. One can't help but imagine the scenario had it been on an F1 weekend.

Elsewhere I neglected to mention the sad news of Tom Walkinshaw's passing. The guy was a legend within F1 circles having been part of the team that took Schumi away from Jordan and into Benetton, as well as taking Damon Hill to Arrows after he was dumped by Williams.

I received the F1 encyclopedia for christmas - fantastic stuff! I also bought a book on the history of circuits used in the championships from the 50's to today, another great read. Also in my pile of new f1 books is the new one on James Hunt titled "Shunt" - which I am very much looking forward to reading.

In a very F1 xmas I also received a Ferarri/Fernando Alonso Polo shirt - awesome. This will go well with my Fernando baseball cap. Bring...on....2011!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment