Saturday 27 March 2010

Webber tells it like it is

Justin: So then, Webber is 2nd on the Melbourne grid. In the BBC interview after qualifying he stated the obvious when asked "So Mark, what can you do with 2nd on the grid?"........"Well, it's the second best place to start from..."......almost sounds like a Murryism to me!

The front three look like they are going to storm away at the start, given their respective qualifying times compared to the rest of the field. Alonso is hanging on to them whilst Massa is apparently struggling a bit. Good to see Button trounce Lewis! Only the second race in and he has beaten Lewis in qualifying....quite resoundingly I might add. Lewis might come across Shumi during the race, which if there is any overtaking possible could be fun to watch.

An interesting point I read somewhere, possibly the Guardian paper today. An interview with the Ferrari boss (is my spelling correct?) urging caution on people being too hasty in rubbishing the season as boring already. Ok it is the Ferrari boss talking, but he has a point when he says Button won the opening 6 races last year and we only found that pretty thrilling because it was unexpected. I think that's a fair point.

I failed to get up for quali by the way....a poor show on my part. Will make sure I do better for 6am tomorrow and pre-race coverage!

Go Webber.....or Go Alonso....I'm so conflicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment